Wednesday, January 21, 2015

STI ETF RSP (Jan 2015)

For my regular savings plan for the month of Jan 2015, I made 2 transactions on Monday.
1) I sold all my 800 units of Nikko STI ETF at $3.36
2) I bought 900 units of STI ETF at $3.36 

On Monday, the lot size as reduced from 1000 to 100 units. This allows me to buy STI ETF as part of my rsp from now on. The 2 transactions are meant to convert my existing Nikko STI ETF to STI ETF. I have always preferred the STI ETF as it has a higher trade volume and lower expense ratio (cost).

Going forward, I will buy 100 units of STI ETF every month instead.

A summary of my current units are as follows:

CounterTotal CostTotal UnitsAverage costLast DoneUnrealized
Profit/ Loss
Unrealized
Gain / Loss %
Realized Profit /
Loss / Dividend
STI ETF6,290.121900$3.31$3.40$169.882.70%$45.00
Nikko STI ETF0.000$0.00$3.39$0.000.00%$114.15


Details of all transactions for my rsp are logged here:
 http://madstranger.blogspot.sg/2013/07/nikko-sti-etf.html

7 comments:

d:esmond; said...

Is there a commission cost?

Mad Stranger said...

Hi desmond,
There is a commission cost but as i is under stan chart brokerage, there is no min commission like other brokerages.

For a typical purchase of 100 units of the ETF, I pay less than $1 in fees. You can see the transactions I shared on the blog

Share Market Singapore said...

Because of reduction in lot size units. It allows us to buy STI ETF as part of my rsp from now on. Keep up this work of updating us.

x.l said...

Hi, I notice that you have stopped updating the reits ranking chart since August 2014. Appreciate if there is some update. I've been following your chart. Many thanks!

Singapore Stock Picker said...

Hi There,

Why is it that you last updated one month ago but on sginvestment bloggers, it says it was updated 9 months ago?

Mad Stranger said...

Hi x.l,
I have been busy lately. I will try to do one for Feb at the end of the month.

Mad Stranger said...

Hi Singapore Stock Picker,
I have also noticed that sometimes the blogroll will show an incorrect last update date. But I am not sure of the cause or how to rectify it.

If you know of anything that I can do on my end to make the date correct, do let me know!